Chartered Accountants & Tax Specialist
General update by IBBZ Accounting on latest tax news, business growth and technology tips.
Office 365 is cloud-based office software developed by Microsoft. It is the same Office you already use every day, but powered by cloud.‘Cloud’ means the data is stored in remote storage centre and you can access to your files from anywhere with internet connection. Also, your software setting will be the same in every device.
Cloud also means the software is up-to-date all the time. You do not have to spend time and money purchasing new versions of the software, it will update automatically.
Office 365 provides a business-class email. It is linked to Office 365 so you can rely on that to manage your workflow.
The software is multi-device friendly. You can access to it via your desktop, laptop, tablet, even mobile.
Office 365 provides lots of ways to store, organise and share files with people inside and outside your organisation.
In terms of security, Microsoft applies the latest security technology and their services is verified to meet requirements specified in ISO 27001, EU model clauses, HIPAA BAA and FISMA.
Using Office 365, you are able to work with clients and colleagues all over the world at the same time.
- Low monthly fee paid per license around $20 a month
- Simple email functionality
- Access to MS word, excel, outlook software’s online, so need to have this local installed.
- Sharing of files with your staff and changes can be made online. You will always have one version of the file.
- Secured data storage in the cloud.