Taxation is a complicated area and it has undergone many changes over the years. The system has become more complex from the planning to reporting processes, which makes it harder for individuals to follow. We have an increasing number of individuals who seek our services to deal adequately with their tax reporting obligations. Our speciality is to do tax planning for different situations, such as:
• inherit a significant sum of money;
• receive stock options from your employer;
• become an independent contractor;
• start up a business on your own (proprietorship);
• start up a business with a partner (partnership);
• acquire a rental property;
• acquire investments through your advisor that you find increasingly difficult to understand;
• become separated from your spouse; or
• become responsible for the tax filing obligations of others (informally, as a responsible family member or formally, as a trustee or executor)
With our tax planning advice we can help you find answers to questions such as:
• When can I afford to retire?
• How can I structure my investments to minimise current taxes?
• Does it make sense to buy more insurance?
• Is there a place for trusts in my financial or estate plans?
• How can I split income with members of my family?
• Does it make sense to borrow for investment purposes?